What is Workforce Australia – Career Transition Assistance
Bamara is a Workforce Australia provider of Career Transition Assistance, a government initiative designed for people aged 45 and over.
Career Transition Assistance will help you identify the right career pathway to work, whether you are returning to work, looking for a new opportunity, or wanting to change your career.
By the end of this program, you will have a clear plan with detailed steps to give you confidence and understanding of your capabilities in gaining an employment opportunity.
How will it help?
This program provides you with helpful and practical support to:
- Explore your career goals and opportunities.
- Learn new skills, build and develop existing skills or identify transferable skills.
- Develop your digital literacy skills.
- Identify, apply and follow up on your job applications.
- Easily identify suitable vacancies in your local job market.
Some of the primary focus areas include learning and gaining confidence with:
- Everyday technology such as computers, tablets, apps and smartphones.
- Computer programs to develop resume and cover letter writing skills.
- Social media for job searching and online job profiles.
- Networking and interview tips when meeting employers.
- Introductions to our local employer stakeholders.
Is Career Transition Assistance for you?
You may be eligible for this service if you are aged 45 years or older and participating in one of the following employment services:
- Workforce Australia Services (including Yarrabah Employment Services)
- Digital Services
- Disability Employment Services
Participation is voluntary.
Where is Career Transition available?
Bamara delivers services for Career Transition Assistance across three employment regions, including:
- Dubbo, Wellington, Walgett and Broken Hill in Far West Orana, New South Wales
- Coffs Harbour, Taree, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, Nambucca Heads and Tuncurry in Mid North Coast, New South Wales
- Cairns City, Mossman, Atherton, Innisfail, Mareeba and Tully in Cairns, Queensland
How can I get started?
Get in touch with us to chat about how we can support you through our services for Career Transition Assistance. If you have any questions about the program or need some help understanding how to be referred to our services you can:
- Submit a self-referral through the Digital Services portal (search Bamara).
- Speak to your Employment Services or DES provider for a referral to Bamara.
How can we help?
For any questions or enquiries, please get in touch and complete the form below – we’d love to hear from you.