What is the Driver Licensing Access Program?
The Driver Licensing Access Program (DLAP) is a free learning to drive program.
It makes getting your driver licence accessible for community groups that may have difficulty due to employment, education, family, training, or lack of support.
Funded by Transport for NSW, DLAP can help you obtain your driver licence and learn to be a safe, skilled and legal driver.
Who is eligible for DLAP?
This program is available to groups of people who may not have access to the necessary resources to obtain a driver licence, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Refugee and resettlement communities
- Rural communities who have limited access to transport options or who are geographically disadvantaged
- Vulnerable young people
- People experiencing social and economic hardship
Get in touch with us to chat about your situation and discuss what’s best for you.
Is there an age restriction?
No – every one of the driving age is encouraged to register for DLAP. You’re not too old to learn to drive!
Where is DLAP available?
Bamara’s DLAP is available at:
How does it work?
We teach you all the driving basics so you can get your driver licence. If you have previously had a licence but lost it, we can help you regain your licence and resolve any debt.
Our DLAP team will help with:
- Developing your literacy, numeracy and computer skills and licensing enrolment support.
- Preparation to ensure you’re confident and ready for your Learner Permit Test with free driving lessons.
- Reaching your learner driver hour targets.
- Access to a Driver Mentor who will teach you how to drive and supervise you on the road.
- Coaching and support all the way through from your L Plates to your P Plates.
- Financial support to cover the costs of gaining your licence.
Does it matter if I fail?
Nope! One of the great things about DLAP is that you can try as many times as you like – and you won’t have to pay every time.
No matter how long it takes, our team will be there to support you until you get your P Plates.
Becoming a volunteer Driver Mentor
Are you an experienced driver with a few hours to spare to help aspiring drivers?
We have opportunities for experienced drivers with good driving records to volunteer as Driver Mentors and help make a positive impact in someone’s life.
To ensure that our volunteers are prepared and equipped, our team will help by providing:
- Training to all volunteer Driver Mentors prior to supervising learner drivers.
- Access to vehicles which are fully maintained and roadworthy.
- Contribute to a great program that supports young drivers to be safe, skilful and licensed.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people.
Ready to get started?
Whether you’re an aspiring driver or interested in volunteering as a Driver Mentor, please get in touch.
You can speak to a member of our DLAP team today on 1300 613 209 or fill out the form below, and a member of our team will be in touch.