What is the Driver Licensing Access Program?
The Driver Licensing Access Program (DLAP) is a free learning to drive program.
It makes getting your driver licence accessible for community groups that may have difficulty due to employment, education, family, training, or lack of support.
Funded by Transport for NSW, DLAP can help you obtain your driver licence and learn to be a safe, skilled and legal driver.
Who is eligible for DLAP?
This program is available to groups of people who may not have access to the necessary resources to obtain a driver licence, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Refugee and resettlement communities
- Rural communities who have limited access to transport options or who are geographically disadvantaged
- Vulnerable young people
- People experiencing social and economic hardship.
Get in touch with us to chat about your situation and discuss what’s best for you.
Is there an age restriction?
No – every one of the driving age is encouraged to register for DLAP. You’re not too old to learn to drive!
Where is DLAP available?
Bamara’s DLAP is available at:
How does it work?
We teach you all the driving basics so you can get your driver licence. If you have previously had a licence but lost it, we can help you regain your licence and resolve any debt.
Our DLAP team will help with:
- Developing your literacy, numeracy and computer skills and licensing enrolment support.
- Preparation to ensure you’re confident and ready for your Driver Knowledge Test with sessions with a Mentor, either in a group or one on one.
- Reaching your learner driver hour targets.
- Access to a Driver Mentor who will teach you how to drive and supervise you on the road.
- Coaching and support all the way through from your L Plates to your P Plates.
- Financial support to cover the costs of gaining your licence.
Does it matter if I fail?
Nope! One of the great things about DLAP is that you can try as many times as you like – and you won’t have to pay every time.
No matter how long it takes, our team will be there to support you until you get your P Plates.
Ready to get started?
Whether you’re gaining your licence for the first time or going through the process again, please get in touch.
You can speak to a member of our DLAP team today on 1300 613 209 or fill out the form below, and a member of our team will be in touch.
How can we help?
For any questions or enquiries, please get in touch and complete the form below – we’d love to hear from you.