What is ParentsNext?
ParentsNext is a government pre-employment program that supports parents and carers who receive Parenting Payments as they navigate and prepare for the next stage in their career or education.
Our ParentsNext service helps you identify your goals – whether they’re family-focused or career-driven – and provides you with or helps you access the resources you need to work towards, and ultimately achieve, those goals.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to look for work, however, if your goal is to find suitable employment, we will help you do so.
Is ParentsNext for me?
You may eligible for ParentsNext if you meet any of the eligibility criteria:
- Have received Parenting Payment for the last 6 months
- Care for a child over 9 months and under 6 years of age
- Have not reported paid work to Centrelink in the last 6 months.
What can ParentsNext help with?
We listen to what matters most to you and your family. Our dedicated team of experienced Support Mentors will provide individualised support to help you achieve your goals.
We’re here to support you throughout your ParentsNext journey and ensure you’ll be equipped with the right information and resources every step of the way.
Our ParentsNext team can support you in a number of ways, such as:
- Finding a course, training, work experience or further education.
- A Participation Plan tailored to meet your goals.
- Job searching (if finding work is one of your goals).
- Writing resumes and practicing for job interviews.
- Accessing any additional funding or assistance available to you.
- Helping you with any transport or housing needs.
We also help you access free local activities and support services, such as:
- Personal or financial counselling.
- Domestic and family violence services.
- Parents groups or parenting courses.
- Child care.
Before you start, your Bamara Support Mentor will work with you to create a plan that’s tailored to you and your goals, finding the best and most realistic way to achieve them.
Why choose Bamara as your provider?
Bamara is a local organisation made up of team members who connect with and understand the uniqueness of the local community.
We appropriately tailor our support to align with the local culture, lifestyle, experiences, strengths and challenges.
Our team will get to know you and your individual needs to find the best way to support you. Our goal is to help you succeed and achieve your goals.
Find a ParentsNext Service Location near you
Interested in joining ParentsNext with Bamara?
Translation services are available if you would like some help speaking or understanding English. Call the Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 for the cost of a local call. Ask them to call the National Customer Service Line.
How can we help?
For any questions or enquiries, please get in touch and complete the form below – we’d love to hear from you.