What is Workforce Australia – Employability Skills Training
Bamara is a Workforce Australia provider of Employability Skills Training, a government initiative designed to get you ready to take on a new position with a local employer.
There are different types of courses and training programs available to suit the skills you’re looking to build, which helps you understand the expectations of employers during the recruitment process, and as a new employee in the workplace.
We also work closely with local businesses, Indigenous organisations, and local and government agencies to create training programs that are perfect for local job opportunities.
How does it work?
Over three weeks, our training focuses on job preparation, advanced job-hunting skills, career development, interview skills, and Industry Awareness Experiences.
Our trainers will work with you to understand your career goals, skills, interests and what you are good at and help you gain work trials, apprenticeships, traineeships and permanent employment through our network of employers.
Our training will help you learn and gain practical job skills, for the job you are looking for.
Industry Awareness Experiences
These experiences provide the opportunity to meet and learn from local industry leaders and employers.
We connect you to local employers and run workshops led by local industry professionals, so you know all about the kinds of work environments and job opportunities best for you.
By taking advantage of these experiences, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills in the career fields of your choice, so know all about the job opportunities best for you.
How will it help?
Our Trainers will help you to:
- Understand your career goals, skills, interests, and what you are good at.
- Find employment opportunities and connect with employers in the local labour market.
- Write a resume and cover letter and assist in lodging your first job application.
- Understand the requirements for entry-level jobs and future career pathways.
- Check if the job is right for you.
- Access training to develop your computer and digital literacy skills.
- Conduct employment searches, apply for jobs, and address key selection criteria.
- Prepare for job interviews, and receive practical feedback for improvement.
- Have real-life work experience through a workplace observation.
Where is Employability Skills Training available?
Bamara delivers services for Employability Skills Training across three locations in the Northern Territory:
- Alice Springs
Our Indigenous Employment Specialists work closely with local businesses, Indigenous organisations, and government agencies to ensure that candidates are trained and job-ready to suit your vacancies.
You and your workplace training requirements directly inform our services for Employability Skills Training through employer forums and industry network meetings, and we can advise on access to Government funding, support for your business.
We take an individualised approach by listening to local employers to tailor training to meet their needs, and provided tailored and customised solutions to businesses with workforce gaps.
Is Employability Skills Training for me?
You may be eligible for this service if you are aged 15 years and over and are participating in Digital Services, Workforce Australia Services or Yarrabah Employment Services and receive:
- Income support payments that are subject to Mutual Obligation Requirements, or
- Disability Support Pension and has compulsory requirements
- Transition to Work (TtW)
- Disability Employment Services (DES) in the employment assistance phase.
How can I get started?
Get in touch with us to chat about how we can support you through our services for Employability Skills Training. If you have any questions about the program or need some help understanding how to be referred to our services you can:
- Submit a self-referral through the Digital Services portal (search Bamara).
- Speak to your Employment Services or DES provider for a referral to Bamara.
How can we help?
For any questions or enquiries, please get in touch and complete the form below – we’d love to hear from you.