What is Capacity Building?
Capacity Building is about learning new and building upon existing skills so that you can achieve your goals, become more independent and live the life you choose.
It’s your choice what skills you want to learn and develop.
You may have a specific goal in mind that you want your Support Worker to help you achieve, or based on the goals outlined in your NDIS plan, we can suggest what skills might help you achieve those goals.
How we can support you
There’s a wide range of skills that we can help you develop, including:
- Household – cleaning the house, keeping things organised and managing day-to-day household tasks.
- Food – preparing food, cooking meals, and going grocery shopping.
- Financial – handling and managing money.
- Travel – build up your confidence to travel on public transport or in a taxi.
- Job related – attending work, finding a job, writing your resume, or preparing for job interviews.
- Social based – participating in activities, building social skills, and finding activities you enjoy like sports, art or group events with your peers.
- Personal care – daily personal care skills, as well as health and wellbeing skills.
- Driver education through our unique learn to drive program using our dual–control vehicles.
- Health and wellbeing skills for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Who can access Capacity Building supports?
Capacity Building supports are outlined in your NDIS plan. Get in touch with us to discuss what your plan covers and how we can best support you and your goals.
How does it work?
You will be matched with a qualified Support Worker dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
You’ll work together to build your skills and confidence until you feel equipped to achieve your goals.
We know that driving can be a key way to gain independence and open up further job, social and community opportunities – that’s why we offer a unique learn to drive program utilising NDIS funding under Capacity Building.
Our qualified Driving Instructors teach you how to drive using our dual-control vehicles, with the goal of helping you get your licence and take another step towards living a more independent lifestyle.
Previous driving experience isn’t required – your instructor will adapt the lessons to the level you’re at, whether that’s as a beginner or already having learned a few driving skills.
Where are Capacity Building supports available?
We provide Capacity Building supports across Dubbo and the surrounding areas and Kempsey.
Who choose Bamara?
Bamara is a Registered NDIS Provider, committed to providing high quality and culturally responsive support for you or your loved ones.
We have an experienced local team, who know the area, and will strive to assist you in reaching your goals, whether they are big or small.
Our team will get to know you and your individual needs to find the best way to support you, and help you live your best life.
Pricing & eligibility
We tailor our services to suit your unique needs, so contact us if you have any questions regarding program fees under an NDIS Plan or if this service suits you. Our team is ready to answer any questions and discuss the best option for you.
How to get started
Please get in touch with us to discuss how we can help you through our NDIS Disability Support Services and to discuss your options.
Office Contact Number
1300 012 476
Dubbo Disability Support Services Hub
2/2-4 Commercial Avenue
Dubbo NSW 2830
Wellington Disability Support Services Hub
17 Maughan Street
Wellington NSW 2820