What is Short-Term Accommodation
Everybody needs a break sometimes!
Short Term Accommodation, including respite, provides an opportunity for the participant and caregiver to take a break from their daily routine.
This service allows individuals to live outside of their home for a short period, while receiving the necessary support to maintain their independence.
Who can access it?
Anyone can access Short Term Accommodation if it is related to their disability support needs.
It may be specifically referenced in your plan or you can choose to use your Core budget if it aligns with your goals.
How we can support you
Funded by the participant’s NDIS plan, the amount is determined by the level of support you require.
You can utilise it in a variety of ways, including:
- Organised group trips away to a requested location or at a location organised by participants and family.
- One-on-one overnight support at a location that suits you or in our home-like environment respite house.
- Overnight or weekend support at a shared short-term accommodation facility that aligns with your needs and interests.
- STA group support, where a group of like-minded and fun-loving people can come together and enjoy life.
- Access to furnished and specially designed accommodation providing a home like environment for participants.
- Respite relief to parents and caregivers for adults, children and young people
- Building social and community connections with people other than family.
- Using Respite or STA as a transition into full-time care
How does it work?
NDIS-funded Short-Term Accommodation is determined based on the level of support required.
Do I need to book?
Yes – Short Term Accommodation should be arranged prior. Simply get in touch with us to learn about your options and decide what works best for you.
Where are Respite and Short-Term Accommodation available?
We provide Respite and Short-Term Accommodation across Dubbo and the surrounding areas and Kempsey.
Why choose Bamara?
Bamara is a Registered NDIS Provider, committed to providing high quality and culturally responsive support for you or your loved ones.
We have an experienced local team, who know the area, and will strive to assist you in reaching your goals, whether they are big or small.
Our team will get to know you and your individual needs to find the best way to support you, and help you live your best life.
Pricing and eligibility
We tailor our services to suit your unique needs, so contact us if you have any questions regarding program fees under an NDIS Plan or if this service suits you. Our team is ready to answer any questions and discuss the best option for you.
How to get started
Please get in touch with us to discuss how we can help you through our NDIS Disability Support Services and to discuss your options.
Office Contact Number
1300 012 476
Dubbo Disability Support Services Hub
2/2-4 Commercial Avenue
Dubbo NSW 2830
Wellington Disability Support Services Hub
17 Maughan Street
Wellington NSW 2820